Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Memost Fun I've Had

It is 3 AM.  My memo is due in 12 hours.  I'm pretty much done.  I am only awake because I returned home from school just a bit ago.  I came by taxi.  I only had a twenty for an eight dollar ride.  So I got twelve dollars in change...aka I have twelve one dollar bills.  I feel mad rich.  

* * * * * 

In the final days and moments before memos are due and hopes are shattered, people start whispering what their memo has and questions are lightning bolted across classrooms by way of the almighty instant message.  Of course, nobody really has a clue as to what is going on and so we are witness to the question conversation:
"How many cases did you have for the admiralty act section?"  
"What admiralty act section?  I don't think there was an admiralty act section.  Wasn't this case about farming?"
"What do you mean there was no admiralty act section?"  
"Wait, did I do the wrong research problem?"

and classic favorites such as:

"How big is your IRACtion?  My IRACtion is so huge."
"What font size are your punctuation marks?"
"Don't you just hate *insert crime researched for way too long*"

I should be able to take any state case that dealt with my problem, look at the fact pattern, and instantly be able to tell if the crime was committed or not.  Just like that.  Now, all I have to do is multiply this times about 500 and I should be good for the BAR!

* * * * *

If the door doesn't hit you on the way out, the loans will.

No comments: