Friday, December 12, 2008

I ain't trading my kids for no n****

One thing unique about my law school is that it is, apparently, the only law school in the country that is situated right next to state and federal courthouses. It is an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" mentality. Another unique thing is the bus route around the area. Anybody who wants to be picked up from the law school is picked up after people are picked up from the courthouse. This means there are all sorts of people on the bus ride, usually a pissed off person who has been "screwed by the system". Today, on the bus, a woman was talking about being in some type of program for over 23 months. Somebody had apparently said that they were sentenced to the program for 7 months. The woman scoffed and said that was unrealistic. If somebody had a 7 month sentence to the program and only spent a maximum of 7 months in it, then it is like flying Delta Airlines and having a 100% on time rate. It just does not happen. The 23+ month program resulted in one's children being taken away. The woman said, "I ain't trading my kids for no n****." I left the bus at that point. I am not sure what happened thereafter.

No comments: